Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epics windows
(02-27-2017, 06:29 PM)Icy Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
I think the discussion for Olympic is going nowhere. Impossible to make a balance.

Let's discuss Epics spawn windows. I think spam window of 3 hours is enough for pvp.
(Castle siege is only 2 hours )

As Icy wrote on the Oly thread, it would be cool to discuss about Epics windows respawns. As for now, on retail and here on Dawn, Respawn Windows are massive. Except for Tezza, AQ/Baium/Anth/Vala have 8h ( on retail iirc is something like 16h, like what the fuck NCSoft ) window respawn.

Now, (almost) everyone is sick as tits to camp 8h + time-to-kill-RB ( that could go from 1min like for AQ to a lot for Valakas) so..maybe cut to 4h the Resp Window?

Most of us have jobs and family and camping for so long isn't nice, expecially when epics windows are during late night.

Discuss.

P.S. : fuck Zaken, most obnoxious piece of shit ever.
WU TANG CLAN IS FOR THE CHILDREN
I honestly believe that the huge window is part of the game. It's not your duty to camp it all the time, its just a game. Those who invest more time, get more. You cannot expect to have the same stuff with playin 8h/day cauze of family and stuff what others get with 16h/day.

Good as it is.
Lineage II its not casual game if u wanna be on TOP. We can do all epic respawn for one hour, and we will pick everything bcs now we are overpower. Camps epics its part of this game, dont nerf everything. Yesterday Fraternity pickup Tezza bcs we have bad online, tommorow will be Baium at night, and they have more chance to get this when window is long and we have low online, for 4/2/1 hour its easiest to mobilize ppl Tongue.

So its just bad idea.

About oly i dont wanna speak bcs i just feed myself B-).

ps: Zaken its second best boss on interlude, its look like The Deadmines Big Grin.
[Image: tumblr_ont5xrpCg31saykaxo1_400.gif]

Former Legion Officer, now Part Timer in Next Target. 
Hello. Glad someone started this topic, since I have similar feelings about epic as PhilBrooks.
However I think respawn window time is only half of the problem - I don't mind staying 8h at Baium as long as I have good pvp going on during this time.
The bigger problem in my opinion is when window starts during time of server low activity time - at night / morning / midday.

I will give a example: lets say Baium window starts at 16:00 or 17:00 pm and last till midnight - during this time we have mass pvp going on, we are having fun, tension rising up etc. Baium is killed at 00:00. What happens 5 days later? 1pt vs 1pt. What if Baium is killed at 02:00? 5 days later we have half party with boxes camping vortex vs 1-2 guys who lay on the ground as camera to know precise ToD. For few times in a row Baium can be spawned at time low server activity time - meaning instead of mass pvp we got boring camp with some silly 1pt vs 1pt pvp events once a hour.

I wonder how tonight Baium will look like but I dont think there will be much action... (of course I can be wrong)

I think it would be fun if all epics windows would start at server peak time when all clans can bring as many people as possible.
So what would be most fun thing to do in my opinion? If epic RB can spawn only between 16:00 and 24:00 server time.

So lets say for example Zaken was killed at 1st Januarry at 00:30 - next time his window would start 3rd January from 16:00 (48 hours AND window starting at 16:00). Zaken was killed at 20:00? 2 Days later window is from 18:00 till 22:00.

With this system of respawn time we could have cool mass pvp events much more often.
Also it would be WAY easier to check Zaken ToD (ToD not available at monument, having camera is not possible - checking its ToD in middle of night is a dream come true ...)

I would also suggest to change AQ window time to 2h or even 1h - noone wants to camp it with whole clan for 8h.
The 8h windows were designed for when L2 was in its peak and servers had like 2k+ people on at any time, and the top alliances could field at least like 6 parties at any time. This understandably isn't the case on Dawn so it worth looking at the windows to try work out if there is a way to increase the amount of fun/pvp/balance we can have.

Edit: I think xSlayerx idea is a good one. This game is over 10 years old, it obviously doesn't have the same numbers playing as it was designed to have. We should be maximising the amount of mass pvp we can get on the server
Just my 2 cents
FrankTheTank.
Titan
Sagittarius
Spectral Dancer

Heretic
In one hand I agree with shorter window idea. In the other hand 90% of our epics are ninja actions Tongue
(02-28-2017, 03:44 PM)xSlayeRx Wrote:
I think it would be fun if all epics windows would start at server peak time when all clans can bring as many people as possible.
So what would be most fun thing to do in my opinion? If epic RB can spawn only between 16:00 and 24:00 server time.

This is the best idea.
(02-28-2017, 04:54 PM)Warden Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 03:44 PM)xSlayeRx Wrote:

This is the best idea.

Especially for BR players
What Berbel said basically. At east the way it is now small clans can get lucky and ninja kill a boss or two. Also, I don't think the respawn window has anything to do with the server pop. You need to spend a lot of time in game to be a top player. Nothing about this game is casual friendly.
We can always be conservative and said that the game is not designed for casual players, but on the other hand people cry for lack of online and pvp on the server.
All the question here is what do you want from the game?Do you want, guys, just put on your character full epics without even 1 fight, as xSlayerx said at the night spawns or full fun of pvp? Yes, the prize will be a farm of epic.

Also take into account the time needed to kill Epic boss, for example, Valakas is 3 hrs atleast. (if I am not wrong)

My personal situation, probably not applicable for 95% of server's population. Playing from 8:30 pm after child goes to sleep and going off line around 1:30 am. Lets say we have to camp Valakas and pvp, great! But than, if it spawns at 0:30 am, I will sleep like 3hrs before go to work, and work like a zombie. ;)