Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas from dawn 2.0
I don't mind exping slowly. Dawn won't shut down in 1-2months.
[Image: 293evxe.jpg]
[Image: 23u2cn8.jpg]
Idea with adding Slow debuff to all mobs in FoG is very good. It may sound crazy, but just think about it.

There are few major benefits for Dawn to gain:
1) It will slow down nolifing farmers from going 78 in a week by two means:
- it will leave more rooms to other destros cause Slow will stop them from pulling bigger trains
- it will bring more pvp, since nearby players can report enemies farming close by and try to help other clannies in getting this room for themselves. It would be very similar to fighting for RBs. We know how busy FoG gets shortly after majority of people reaching ~70 lvl.

Example of Stakato spot would look like this:
- 2 rooms on bridge Stakato
- 2 rooms on lower Stakato
- 2 rooms on upper Stakato

Nothing new, but gotta be mentioned. Without Slow, it is possible to pull all 6 rooms with just 3 people.

2) Late game will not approach as fast. It will help keep number of S grade recipes and weapons lower and their prices higher, resulting in slower OE such as +7 weapons. Also, prices of EWS are going to be much steadier for the long run.

3) More people will be forming mage/archer parties in IT and eventually 4S to obtain mentioned recipes or farm Halisha for drops.

4) It will encourage more clans to farm Raids, resulting in more PvP as well.

As something in return, chance for mobs in FoG to multiply, could be SLIGHTLY increased.

Additionally, regarding S recipes. Drop rate for Q items on Ketra and Varka is waaay too high. By retail, it should be on average, 3 Q items per 8 monsters. Not 2/3 Q items per 1 monster - as we all know, was on Dawn before.

I had a feeling RB drop rate was bigger than retail. If it was, it must be changed to standard rate.

I would suggest that system of Events is implemented. I do not know if such library exists for Interlude, but if, it would be ton of fun. I'm talking about Events such as FFA in SoS, FFA Treasure Hunt in Pagan or 1v1/3v3 on Arena, like Oly games. Locations are just random examples. Of course there are other modes I surely forgot to mention.

I did play on few servers with this feature. It is a good way to get some fun in PvP and to keep in-game players that are bored with daily sh*t or just play solo to hunt and finished gearing their character. I personally loved it.
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
(Yesterday, 09:36 AM)Kana Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
The point is that it will allow people who are not part of any cp to farm comfortably and gear up by themselves. Npc buffers make no sense on a low rate server. I will level at least 5 chars actually, just not at the same time. Spoiler, crafter, main and 3 or more support characters. Others won't have to do the same because they will be part of team. It's all about having options really.

And it will allow you to exp your friends and clan members when they are off not neccersarly boxes but actual players that cant always be on.

Parts of fog already has slow btw you can still train there easily.
[Image: hahah.jpg]

DaFuzzyy  FeelsGoodMan  
Of course you can, but with many less monsters. Try turning whole circle with silisks and drakes on lower FoG. It's not possible. That splits spot into two sections and that is exactly my point for Necro, Stakato and Ashuras spots.
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
(Yesterday, 07:25 PM)Kieyra Wrote:
Of course you can, but with many less monsters. Try turning whole circle with silisks and drakes on lower FoG. It's not possible. That splits spot into two sections and that is exactly my point for Necro, Stakato and Ashuras spots.

You could do that using mystic immunity on dawn 1.0.
Slow makes it slightly harder but thats all something more would need to be done if you wanna make fog exp harder.
[Image: hahah.jpg]

DaFuzzyy  FeelsGoodMan  
So you guys want to play on a java function server and not official files? Damn .. wth im reading all this time xD
(Yesterday, 07:49 PM)PerfectBalance Wrote:
So you guys want to play on a java function server and not official files? Damn .. wth im reading all this time xD

Why are you so obsessed with the official files? Do you think the official files are perfectly balanced? There's a reason a bunch of shit got patched, they didn't take certain things into consideration and people abused them. People that have played the game for more than 10 years can balance and make the chronicle better than the dev team that initially released it. We should be aiming for an improved experience for all players, by fixing mistakes overlooked during the creation process. Otherwise we might as well play C1 since thats the way they envisioned the game in the first place.
+1 Gladius

Too much hassle Fuzzy. I mean, you need active PP for this, which is kinda cool since active PPs are sooooo rare.