Poll: How many boxes you think there should be?
1 box per client
2 boxes per client
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very important topic to discuss on DAWN 2.0 (1 box per client means 1 box per PC!)
Hello everyone, I'm so glad that this server is re-opening, one of the best interludes out there, but going straight to the point, as far as i know l2dawn had a policy of 2 clients per PC am i correct?
If so, that's one of the best ideas and I think that's one of the main reasons why this server has such a healthy community and stayed opened for 2 years straight, but consider this: is it possible to make it 1 client per pc? I know it's risky, but the point in that is, players won't be able to solo at higher levels, and that was the whole point in L2 when it was one of the best MMORPGS back in 2008 or so, one of the best things in L2 having to make party with randoms to go anywhere to farm, this has a HUGE advantage that i read somewhere that you want to try to make this server last as long as possible, think of it this way, if there is a 1 client per pc, people will actually take much longer to farm, CPs will be much harder to form as not every1 can play at the same time, BOTS will be MUCH harder to manage this way, it's MUCH MUCH more fun and interactive, there will be people constantly looking for party in town, clans will be much more interactive, the game does get harder but it's just a lot funnier to play aswell, and it stalls the end game a lot more, as in my opinion, pvp for level/Farm spots is really fun.

The best server i played so far was Azuregaming c5, they had 1 box policy, and for that reason the servers managed to stay up for so long, and they were 5x and 15x with 5x+ drop/spoil.

Is it possible to make a poll about this?

PS: not to mention in 1 client per pc, the buffers are actually VERY relevant, people who like to play support would actually enjoy it

PSS: I APOLOGIZE WHEN I MADE THE POLL SAYING 1 BOX PER CLIENT, I MEANT TO SAY 1 BOX PER PC!
I wish that would happen.

Decreasing rates is not the solution bring back enjoyment to the game, one client per PC is.
bad idea, for good game me need 4 box!!!
This very important topic has been discussed like 3 times in the last month. Why open a 4th poll???

You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.

The question is deceiving anyway. By 1 box/client I understand 1+1, and 2 box/client would mean 1+2. In the meanwhile you say totally different. Those not reading whole essay and only vote according to answers will vote for 1+1 and you will take it as 1+0.
The sad thing is it doesn't matter whatever the limit is, if there won't be active GMs enforcing the rule by testing suspicious parties all over the map. They can't limit clients by IP, because there could be people playing from internet cafes or from a friend's house on some occasions. That would screw them up, so they have to limit clients by HWID, and that is easy to bypass. The client protection used by the vanganth extender is really poor and not hard for knowledgeable programmers to break. The so called "hardcore" people will pay a russian to do it for them so they can open 10 full clients with no vm involved.

The 1 client limit only worked in korea up until 2005 or so when they allowed multiboxing in PC Bangs, and that is because the majority were playing in a controlled environment, making hacking/scamming/botting/bming difficult for them. The only thing they couldn't stop was rampant RMT, which over 50% of them did since even before Lineage1.

So if you want to experience the golden times of L2, get into a time machine and travel back to 2003. And make sure you learn korean on your way there ;)
(09-16-2018, 09:28 PM)oldskool Wrote:
The sad thing is it doesn't matter whatever the limit is, if there won't be active GMs enforcing the rule by testing suspicious parties all over the map. They can't limit clients by IP, because there could be people playing from internet cafes or from a friend's house on some occasions. That would screw them up, so they have to limit clients by HWID, and that is easy to bypass. The client protection used by the vanganth extender is really poor and not hard for knowledgeable programmers to break. The so called "hardcore" people will pay a russian to do it for them so they can open 10 full clients with no vm involved.

The 1 client limit only worked in korea up until 2005 or so when they allowed multiboxing in PC Bangs, and that is because the majority were playing in a controlled environment, making hacking/scamming/botting/bming difficult for them. The only thing they couldn't stop was rampant RMT, which over 50% of them did since even before Lineage1.

So if you want to experience the golden times of L2, get into a time machine and travel back to 2003. And make sure you learn korean on your way there ;)
Do you know at least 1 person who was playing PC games in internet cafe this year?
I really think we should think more about 99% of community, and less about some 1% of special cases. 

Sure, if protection is made by men, then some other men can bypass it.(it applies to any protection, not just L2 and not just pc games).
So to make the best protection possible you must have good automated protection + active GM protector.
You can't eliminate violations completely.(same apllies to bots).
But the % of successful violations depends on - efficiency of automated protection/ efficiency of GMs/ efficiency of  offenders.

Think about laws in real life.
Every law is being bypassed by some % of ppl.
Does it mean that they shouldn't be implemented?
But i can say, that making punishments more severe/harsh is the easiest way to reduce the % of violations.

So. By making punishments harsher in L2Dawn is the easiest way to reduce amount of bot/dualbox violations.
Just make them as harsh as it gets. - delete accounts/IP bans/Hwid bans - you name it.
There are people still playing in internet cafes, even to this day, I don't see much MMORPGs there, mostly MOBAs. But I only explained some scenarios which are at the back of the GMs heads, that is why they only put a HWID limit and not an IP limit on Dawn 1.0. You are pointing the finger at the wrong person, I'm pro limiting not against it.
(09-16-2018, 10:04 PM)oldskool Wrote:
There are people still playing in internet cafes, even to this day, I don't see much MMORPGs there, mostly MOBAs. But I only explained some scenarios which are at the back of the GMs heads, that is why they only put a HWID limit and not an IP limit on Dawn 1.0. You are pointing the finger at the wrong person, I'm pro limiting not against it.
Maybe, but i really don't know anybody, who is playing games in internet cafes atm. It's just not reasonable.
I really believe that it's not smart to take into account the 1% of special cases.
If you can't make everyone happy, then at least make majority happy.

I'm not pointing the finger, i just disagree.
Rules must be made according to opinion of majority.
And then we must put max effort possible to enforce them.
Brood you forgot the incentive. Law enforcers get paid by taxpayers. Last time I checked private servers don't charge subscription, nor they are considered the main source of income for their admins.
[Image: m7ce8.jpg]  
(09-16-2018, 10:19 PM)mrbobe Wrote:
Brood you forgot the incentive. Law enforcers get paid by taxpayers. Last time I checked private servers don't charge subscription, nor they are considered the main source of income for their admins.
Are you being serious?
I can confirm that admins of huge private servers earn way more than average gamers. They really earn big money.
Almost always it is the main source of income for the admins.
And GMs/Bot hunters are getting paid. And in my opinion they should be paid to make them max effective. ( money comes from players who buy items in GM shop - so you can easy call them taxpayers).
I am talking about russian private servers exclusively atm, since i have no info about admins of EU servers.

Let's say if L2 Dawn can't afford to pay for GM bothunters.
Then we have 2 options which cost nothing:
1. Increase harshness of punishments,
2. Give players ingame items for reporting such violations