Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Thread: Quest Rates
(12-05-2018, 03:50 PM)Bahuras Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
For our cp opinion best for x3 will be all quests x1,cuz like someone said in discord x2 its too much it will be very easy to farm recipes and mats...:) low rate server same for reward and quest rate :) For 3rd can make 2x but still not sure for that :) about this thing quest reward and rate need very good decision:)

I like this idea - x1 quest rate is fair for me , It will  give You opportuninty to work harder in game
and harder work = more fun and longer  life of server .
In my opinion low rate servers should focus on each player and let him/her feel everything what L2 can offer (If I'm not wrong it is also one of ideas for L2 Dawn 2.0 ).

So where is the point of making game progress faster ?

I think x1 quest rate should be perfect for this server but You may feel it differently .
I suggest to look at Raid drop rate first. As per retail, both q items and raid drops were equal but no higher than exp/sp rates. Imo, since Raid drop rate is unclear, it's hard to adjust setting for item/rec rewarding quests since they are alternative to farming raids and gearing up.

To put it simple: if raid drop rate is x2(as CT proposed some time ago), item/rec quests should be too(imo, just the drop rate tho).

When it comes to quests such nobl/sub reagents or 700 on shrine, I'd keep them x1 as number of required q items needed for completion are not increased with server rates. This will also give players more pvp for spots with high demand.

I see that none of starting gold quests are listed here. What is administration's take on those?
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
off rates - x1 all throughout the board
somehow when servers increase exp x3; x5; x50 they tend to "balance" with keeping quest rates x1

at least make a reward x3 (or any other xxxx according to exp rates)

then low level quests will be considerable bringing more content to the game...

if you want shrine to be pvp zone with x1 drop rate - make x3 drop rate and pk free zone... (for ppl with two digit IQ - it was a joke).

peace
(12-06-2018, 01:42 PM)Kieyra Wrote:
I see that none of starting gold quests are listed here. What is administration's take on those?

The other quests had x1 drop amount and varying drop chance. We are open to suggestions. The reason for this and other threads to follow is to hear your thoughts. We haven't determined the final settings.
[Image: m7ce8.jpg]  
When tweaking low q rewards, just take into account amount of gold that can be dropped farming to make those quests worth running for, teleport costs and vendor prices.

If vendor prices, same as CH prices are meant to be increased as it was suggested, then of course those quest rewards should increase accordingly.
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
I wouldn't touch end game quests. Those need to stay x1. I would however boost certain low level ones to match the the exp rates. Especially those repeatable adena quests. For the rest I would improve drop chance depending on the quest.
I strongly recommend leaving mss and halisha mark drop rate retail. You don't want to make it easy for people to create a ton of oly bots or noblesse alts. It makes perfect sense on a x3 to work for it.
When main server rates are x3 , I think all quest rates (include S-grade items hunting) should be kept x1.
Btw for those not wanting to bother with 700, you know about "Four Sepulchers quest" alternative, don't you ? )

I would not mind 700 and Varka/Ketra ally (only badges, NOT those Q items for S-grade items) to be x2, but I'm definitely against any S-grade items / any enchant scrolls (Pagan etc) quests to be higher than x1.
(12-12-2018, 07:49 AM)Fann2 Wrote:
When main server rates are x3 , I think all quest rates (include S-grade items hunting) should be kept x1.
Btw for those not wanting to bother with 700, you know about "Four Sepulchers quest" alternative, don't you ? )

I would not mind 700 and Varka/Ketra ally (only badges, NOT those Q items for S-grade items) to be x2, but I'm definitely against any S-grade items / any enchant scrolls (Pagan etc) quests to be higher than x1.

4s is a viable alternative for parties yes. It's not an option for everyone and heavily dependent on getting people to be online with the right classes at the same time. But I'd agree on multiplying 3rd class quest items and making it x1 for farming quests.
In my opinion. If rates are:
EXP/SP - 3X/3x

and we want true low rate server then I suggest:
Quest reward XP/SP - 2x/2x
Quest reward adena - 1x
Quest reward items - 1x