Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Thread: Adventurer and Shadow weapons
Main reason i want shadow weapons removed is to create D/C/B weapon market.
If there will be demand for D/C/B weapons, then players will use more game content, for example RBs below lvl 60 and some hunting zones.
I really don't see any good reasons for them to exist. They do only harm for the market and makes gear upgrades at lvls 1-61 nearly useless.

And it's not like lvl 1-61 are just first week of the server. Players will make subclasses, make new chars, new players will join server.
(12-28-2018, 01:35 PM)Brood Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
If there will be demand for D/C/B weapons, then players will use more game content, for example RBs below lvl 60 and some hunting zones.
I really don't see any good reasons for them to exist. They do only harm for the market and makes gear upgrades at lvls 1-61 nearly useless.

And it's not like lvl 1-61 are just first week of the server. Players will make subclasses, make new chars, new players will join server.

RB's, Hunting Zones, Quests, gathering into parties. Game was designed as multiplayer - playing with other ppl is main goal of this game. There are realy not as many CP's on the server, and they will always have advantage. But cutting of shadow weapons system will bring ppl to think about their game plan. It wont be like: farm till 61, buy DC set, farm till 75, buy AM, make Baium, join clan, win or lose server in 2 months, leave server. Everybody will have to make plan for game. Spoil mats, and sell, make quest for recepies, hunt low lvl RBs and so on. World of L2 is full of things to do and great locations, not only FoG trains, or Varka trains.

If shadow weapons (especially C and B grade) wouldn't exist - ppl would have to make parties to farm exp and equip. Much more places would be visited, there would be more life on server. This is main idea of very low rate server - to have what to do from the first to the last phase of the game. People looking for exp asap to agrades may should think, if this idea is perfect for them. It is so much fun, discovering some not discovered things in the game, paying more attention, to what game can offer us. If you have mid d grade weapon on lvl around 40, and you cant afford c grade - as you always can with shadow weapon system - you will have to start looking for mobs with low p.def/m.def, and weapon/element weakneses. And you will have to look for other useful classes to join party, to handle with those mobs.

And this market - such more interesting with C and B sets and weapons on it. This game was loosing community year after year, cose things started to be to obvious. Everybody on server was doing same things in same places. GC, VoS, FOG - 80% of ppl where there, or camping epics. Nothing else had good enaugh time/profit ratio. With cutting Shadow weapon system, ppl will have to change their mindset, and start to improvise from the begining. This wont change game in the late phase of the game, but begining will be much more interesting. If Destro would be nerfed with the pole skill - that would be perfect scenario for me to change also late game for better.

Sum up: Shadow weapons C and B should disapear from shops and coupons.
(12-31-2018, 06:49 PM)eremziom Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 01:35 PM)Brood Wrote:

RB's, Hunting Zones, Quests, gathering into parties. Game was designed as multiplayer - playing with other ppl is main goal of this game. There are realy not as many CP's on the server, and they will always have advantage. But cutting of shadow weapons system will bring ppl to think about their game plan. It wont be like: farm till 61, buy DC set, farm till 75, buy AM, make Baium, join clan, win or lose server in 2 months, leave server. Everybody will have to make plan for game. Spoil mats, and sell, make quest for recepies, hunt low lvl RBs and so on. World of L2 is full of things to do and great locations, not only FoG trains, or Varka trains.

If shadow weapons (especially C and B grade) wouldn't exist - ppl would have to make parties to farm exp and equip. Much more places would be visited, there would be more life on server. This is main idea of very low rate server - to have what to do from the first to the last phase of the game. People looking for exp asap to agrades may should think, if this idea is perfect for them. It is so much fun, discovering some not discovered things in the game, paying more attention, to what game can offer us. If you have mid d grade weapon on lvl around 40, and you cant afford c grade - as you always can with shadow weapon system - you will have to start looking for mobs with low p.def/m.def, and weapon/element weakneses. And you will have to look for other useful classes to join party, to handle with those mobs.

And this market - such more interesting with C and B sets and weapons on it. This game was loosing community year after year, cose things started to be to obvious. Everybody on server was doing same things in same places. GC, VoS, FOG - 80% of ppl where there, or camping epics. Nothing else had good enaugh time/profit ratio. With cutting Shadow weapon system, ppl will have to change their mindset, and start to improvise from the begining. This wont change game in the late phase of the game, but begining will be much more interesting. If Destro would be nerfed with the pole skill - that would be perfect scenario for me to change also late game for better.

Sum up: Shadow weapons C and B should disapear from shops and coupons.
A lot of people are against any improvements, like destro nerf or shadow weapon removal, because it doesn't fit their regular progression plan, when they are jumping from server to server, this applies to ready CPs more.

Destroyer in interlude, destroyed a lot of content by being the only class for reasonable farming.
A lot of huge interlude private servers did that nerf, and even official L2 did that at some point.
If dawn would not nerf it, it would mean that people making decisions here, really believe that destro is not OP in c6, well...

Same goes for shadow/adventurer weapons of all grades. They simply are deleting a lot of content - hunting zones, RBs, weapon market, character gear progression. It's simply stupid to have a feature that does only harm.

I will repeat 100th time - Shadow weapons were introduced in 2 year old official x1 servers, so new players could faster catch up with players who farmed for 2 years already.
And even then it was a retarded decision in my opinion.
Having them in x3 free to play private server from start is beyond stupid. WHY ?

Anything that made L2 easier, more casual, made it less L2.
And it all started in Interlude.
L2 was so popular back then because of it's hardcore elements.
Who the hell needs another WOW clone.
Let's be real here, if shadow weapons are removed it will cause a hit to the amount of players playing on dawn. No matter what you prefer, there are people who do not share your point of view and would like to play differently and therefore will not even bother playing here. There are not enough L2 players to make light of this. Do not stack restrictions on what used to be a popular server or this server will become something entirely different than a Dawn version 2.
(01-03-2019, 03:04 PM)Alyx Wrote:
Let's be real here, if shadow weapons are removed it will cause a hit to the amount of players playing on dawn. No matter what you prefer, there are people who do not share your point of view and would like to play differently and therefore will not even bother playing here. There are not enough L2 players to make light of this. Do not stack restrictions on what used to be a popular server or this server will become something entirely different than a Dawn version 2.

I was playing C4 x1 for 5 years, and that was really perfect fun! Without any shadow weapons and herbs! Low lvl locations are full of ppl, D-C-B market is alive, everyone's trading smth. And we had to sail a ship from TI to Gludin because it was 30 times cheaper than TP. The main market was at MDT because TP to it is free from all the towns. I really miss PVP at Talking Island gates and Briga helm craft! And you know, online of the serv was 5k+. 

There are two types of players: 1st is "I need everything and now!" and 2nd is "slow progress players" who like hardcore and enjoy every lvl of the game. So, 1st type will never play at Dawn, whether there is shadow weapon or not. They will come to other 2-months serv x50-x500, "pass it" in a week or two and abandon, go to other. Dawn is targeted on slow progress players, they will play whether there is shadow weapon or not. CPs don't care abt shadow weapons also. IMHO, shadow weapon is not so important as we all think, the more important thing is rates and progress. I'd implement dynamic rates system: x1 at 1-40 lvl, x3 at 41-60, and x5 at 61 to the end. This will make low lvl market alive. And have D shadow weapons only, below 30 lvl, or even 25 lvl. 25 lvl is better, together with disappearing newbee buffs shadow weapons will also become unavailable. But at the same time this will not discriminate new players and let them put on D-shadow at 20 lvl and farm some adena or resourses or whatever to earn for common D.
Removing shadows will indeed harm soloers more. CPs will not care about loosing shadow weapons and will play here anyway and of course for longer due to higher difficulty. Maybe even doing something new rather then repeating whole cycle might be more interesting for them? CPs will be first to leave anyway. I am aware some already declared that aren't coming here - I somehow have a feeling we will meet here anyway, cause there is nowhere to play.

While making changes, admins must use common sense in the process making some stuff more rewarding and difficult - not much is needed though. Nowadays, every server feels the same, easy, short adventure which is known to cease quickly - no matter where you go you gotta farm to stay on top and making it more difficult can give players more value and satisfaction than they initially expected. After all those years of repetitiveness, I'd be happy to see something different.
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
Hunting events for cosmetics would be nice. Is it hard to implement cosmetics from newer chronicles? I've seen many russian servers adding accessories from newer chronicles and it give's a lot of good vibes to be honest, feels fresh and more variable than just seeing karmian, dark crystal and S weapons over and over again.
FeelsBadMan Wave