Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
nerf destro training capability
Making impact on destro itself might not necessarily be the best and only solution.

Instead, we could use solution from Gracia and give Slow(maybe around ~30% of max speed; Stakato's Root or some Shaman's Shackle replaced with Slow or just given to them) to mobs in most popular locations(fog/it/ketra/varka). This way destro can't run too far but still, can pull decent train and his build is not affected. This would also change aspect of PvP a little. We know there are some masochists here that will harass enemies for entire day coming back to spot every 5 mins. Mobs with Slow would definitely make that more problematic for them, allowing new players more space to farm, add to economy and catch up with the server.

What kind of impact on destro you guys are talking about anyway?
Kieyra Bowborn of the House Proland, First of Her Name, the Uncaught, Queen of the Moonlight Sentinels and the First Archers, Empress of the Disciples, Breaker of Winds, and Mother of Outlaws.
(03-16-2019, 01:29 AM)cs_office Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
You know your game has a big and clear gamedesign issue when you got a straightforward aoe polearm class(warlord) with no other feature despite multitarget damage dealing, that is being outdone in any aspect of multitarget damage dealing by straightfoward melee single target damage dealer class(destroyer).

Look at the later chronicles. It took NCsoft many years to realize this problem and fix it.
And the truth is, nowadays destros only farming adena for the real money trading. There will be, surely, 1-2 class fans, but not much more.

Few words about economical problems: economy in l2 designed to be interdependent between low-lvl and high-lvl players in the way that high-lvl players are dependant on low-lvl players to some point. For example, there are certain kinds of mats(resourses) which you can spoil only up to ~65-68 lvls. Higher level mobs do drop this mats, but no spoil is available, completely. The drop chanses are much lower than those corresponding to spoil from low-lvl monsters. It is the one of many examples. Do you see the idea here? Because high-level players have access to significantly greater adena farm, but no options for adequate mats farm, high-lvl players are forced to buy certain resourses only from low-lvl players, thus supporting the low-lvl server segment players with money. You see? It's like a one single organism. And what destros do? They ruining it, by devaluating mats prices(the same thing bots do), therefore low-lvl players farming options are reduced.

Remeber dawn 1.0 market? I remeber. 100+ shops in giran selling mats and gear. 2-3 shops buying mats, 3-4 shops buying keymats. In this conditions new players' ability to grow and develop their characters is blocked to a certain degree.

tl;dr: destros are ruining this game, find some balls to admit it.
if there are more adena on the server the prices of mats goes up not down, bots flooding the market with mats is something that devaluate the prices of it. i don't remember a bad situation on dawn, prices were good, indeed when i was back with my friends we bought everything with adena thx to low lvl manor and spoilers, we sold a lot of keymats and recipes too so i don't understand the problem you are talking about, can you elaborate a bit?
(03-16-2019, 05:25 PM)Kieyra Wrote:
You are not allowed to view links.Register or Login to view.
Making impact on destro itself might not necessarily be the best and only solution.

Instead, we could use solution from Gracia and give Slow(maybe around ~30% of max speed; Stakato's Root or some Shaman's Shackle replaced with Slow or just given to them) to mobs in most popular locations(fog/it/ketra/varka). This way destro can't run too far but still, can pull decent train and his build is not affected. This would also change aspect of PvP a little. We know there are some masochists here that will harass enemies for entire day coming back to spot every 5 mins. Mobs with Slow would definitely make that more problematic for them, allowing new players more space to farm, add to economy and catch up with the server.

What kind of impact on destro you guys are talking about anyway?
if CT will ever want to change something, i support your idea of changing mobs mechanics, i think it's a great solution that don't hurt the class directly.